The application for housing “North of London Road” is now online.
You can find it by going to the District Council Website here and then typing in the application number 14/00627/OUT or just “London Road”. Then just click on the link that comes up:
When you get to the application you will see there is a lot of information,. Here’s a few early observations:
1. This is an outline application. That means that most of the details will be decided later in a ‘reserved matters’ application. The only thing to be definitely decided is the road access to the site.
2. The title of the application is as follows:
“Outline Planning Application (with all Matters Reserved apart from Access) for the erection of Residential Development with associated Open Space, Landscaping, Parking, Servicing, Utilities, Footpath and Cycle Links, Drainage and Infrastructure Works, and Primary School. Provision of Non-Residential Floorspace to Part of Site, Uses including any of the following: Use Class A1(Retail), A3(Food and Drink), A4(Drinking Establishments), C2(Residential Institutions), D1a(Health or Medical Centre) or D1b(Crèche, Day Nursery or Day Centre).”
3. There is no date set for the when it will come to committee – probably November or December.
4. Neighbour consultations are supposed to be completed by September 24th. You can leave comments by clicking on the tab marked ‘plans and comments’ and then following the instructions:
5. To read the planning application itself, click on the tab marked ‘plans and comments’,then click on ‘view associated documents’ and then click on “Redacted – Planning application Form”:
6. The applicants say that the land is within an area at risk of flooding, but say that it will not increase the flood risk elsewhere,
7. Their form indicates that there will be 325 houses to be sold at market value, 140 social rented housing and35 intermediate housing, giving a total of 500.
… and that’s just what’s in the application form, there’s a lot of other stuff to read , including Countryside’s supporting documents….which we will look at in the next few days.