From the Essex Police website:
We’re looking for people who can home a police dog – but it’s a big commitment.
The puppies are likely to be ready for their temporary homes from July, but vetting takes a while so we need people to apply now.
Here are the requirements:
* The puppy would live with you for up to 15 months
* You must have a fully secure garden
* You must have a suitable vehicle – it needs to fit a medium/large dog cage in the back
* You will be required to attend regular puppy classes, around 1 morning every 2 weeks for the first few months.
* The puppy must not be left at home for more than 3 hours on its own so the role would best suit a retired / semi- retired person or a part time worker.
* The applicant will be fully vetted and must pass both this and a home visit.
Any potential applicants should contact PC Terry Collinson at Sandon Dog Unit on 01245 226585 / 07976 065962. You can also email email@example.com.