There has been some activity in Watery Lane at last. BUT WATERY LANE IS STILL CLOSED – DON’T DRIVE DOWN THERE YET! (3 drivers had to be rescued today !)
Quite a lot has happened in the last few days.
- A resident said that he intended to arrange works himself to start sorting out the problem tomorrow. This seems to have stirred things up.
- There was a high-level visit by the County Council yesterday. Councillors Michael and Diane Hoy from Hullbridge were also able to attend.
- Chris was unable to go due to work commitments and asked if Alistir Matthews from Rawreth Parish Council could go in his place. This was denied!
- You can see more about the meeting on “A Green Read” here.
- There was a photoshoot for councillors today (not sure why it was needed – we weren’t invited , but then again we’re not really into that)
- Some lorries have turned up this afternoon , hired by the County Council to pump the water into their tanks and remove it from the lane .
- These lorries were apparently going to work for 24 hours but have stopped for the night.
- We are also hearing an odd rumour about the regular monthly closure of the road for litter picking – if we find out some more we will let you know.