The Guardian website has a report here on the impact of today’s budget on local government.
Their key points were:
• Restrictions on public sector pay were announced.
• Welfare Cap to be set at £119bn in 2015-16, rising to £127bn in 2018-9.
• Osborne said house building was up by 23% but this wasn’t enough. He said further reforms to the planning system were being made and that he wanted to get Britain building.
• The government will make £140m available for repairs and maintenance to damaged flood defences.
• Local authorities will also be able to bid from a pot of £200m for filling potholes.
This post has already been read 9 times since Aug 2nd 2015