Rayleigh Town Council’s Environment Committee met last night. Bruce Smart reports as follows:
1. I suggested that the Rangers team should;
a. clear the pavement of weeds on Hullbridge Road from Ferndale Road to Lubards Farm
b. clear area on Norman Crescent where vegetation has grown
c. clear pavement of weeds on Rawreth Lane from Makro turning to recreation ground
d. clear area around Hambro Parade shops of weeds
e. clear tree grids in Priory Chase outside Pegottys and Barnados. I asked that it be minuted that I was disappointed this had been turned down in 2013 as this is an unadopted road.
2. there was general unhappiness at the poor response of the Highways Dept to reports of potholes etc.
3. Suggestions of areas for 20mph limits have been passed on to Highways. Teignmouth Drive and Exmouth Drive were in this.
4. Parking fees for Saturday’s will be reviewed by R.D.C. on29th July. Town Council opposes introduction of Saturday afternoon charges.
5. Recycling Banks – I asked that Town Council says no to recycling bank in Priory Chase. Reasons being it is a cul de sac and is not used a lot, there are banks within 200 yards at Asda, near a school and not appropriate so close by. I asked for it be minuted that I did not think it right to put a Council facility in a road that it has consistently refused to adopt.
This post has already been read 87 times since Aug 2nd 2015