Politics And The Highways Panel

Independent Tory Toby Mountain writes on his blog about the selection of the Local Highways Panel for the new civic year. He’s pretty scathing…

7 Comments

1. bruce smart

Does it matter who is on this panel? A lot of talk but little action by Highways on many issues. Look out for invitations to the first birthday party for the two large holes at the junction of Mortimer and Eastview. When will the pavements be cleared of overhanging vegetation in Rawreth lane and Hullbridge Road? All have been reported some time ago. Not to mention Norman Crescent which has also been listed for clearance.

2. A.mattbhews

Well done to Toby Mountain.It is inexplicable that there is only one representive,Chris,on the LHP now. It shows all that is wrong with the corrupt Cabinet system on RDC .As for the manipulation on the High Court case …?lost for words !

3. Jim Cripps

ECC Highways have told me in writing there is no grand plan for either London Rd or
    Rawreth Lane – despite the increase in traffic that will come with the addition of houses in West Rayleigh and East Hullbridge ( Rawreth lane being the prime route for initially Construction traffic and ultimately domestic traffic) let alone Hambro Corner.

4. Toby Mountain

Following on from my representations at the last LHP meeting, I have received an email from an ECC Highways Liaison Officer with an attachment showing the traffic survey result for London Road. The email states “The final score was 0.065 which implies that a crossing may not be appropriate”. I have also been informed that following the traffic survey on Little Wheatley Chase, a Highways engineer is currently looking “at what improvement measures can be considered”.
    It appears to be mixed news! I would like to have been able to get more information in order to more fully understand the analysis of the survey results – how scores are worked out and what are the criteria etc. As I am no longer on the LHP I can only hope that Chris Black will be able to ask the relevant questions and keep me informed….

5. Jim Cripps

is this the Easter Bank holiday weekend survey ? – deliberately not a typical or busy time ……….needs to be clarified as Toby says.

6. Chris Black

Toby I will do my best !

7. richard lambourne

Jim,

I got the same mesage from ECC, Rayleigh and Rochford have very few transport infrastructure improvements planned in the Essex Highways Plan.

the major works for our area are improvements at the A127 Fairglen interchange, so unless the planning applications are accompanied by stringent Section 106 notices we are in for more of the same deadlock